We're delighted to feature in a new video on the Diggers and Dozers Youtube channel, where golf course construction expert Patrick Quinn of P. Quinn Construction discusses how he came to choose what machine control system to put on his fleet of excavators. Spoiler: he chose to get Unicontrol supplied and fitted by Surveytech...
In the video, he explains how he has invested in two Unicontrol systems for his 15 ton and 13 ton Hitachi excavators that are both equipped with Engcon tilt rotators.
There are three factors that Patrick said made him choose Unicontrol:
- Ease of use - “we’ve got a few shapers operating and for me to train my guys up in the cab, it’s a real simple way of using GPS machine control”
- Precision - “We put the plans in the Unicontrol system and we get precision shaping on the golf course to 15-20mm so when the architect comes out his drawings that he drew are exactly what’s on the golf course…we get it right first time”
- Cost - “They’re a top product and they’re doing it for a decent price”
- Support - “Surveytech, they’re part of Unicontrol [dealer network], I ain’t gonna lie, it’s been within 10 minutes of answering the phone if there are any issues. The support is amazing, I can’t fault it to be fair. I really can’t.”
Obviously Patrick is reaping the rewards from his investment in Unicontrol Machine Control, and having a lot of fun doing so! You can follow all his adventures over on instagram as you see the new and inventive ways that he’s using this precision technology.
But he’s not the only one, there are a number of groundworks, civil engineering and construction firms that are taking their productivity to the next level, as they liberate their operators to work independently through satellite positioning. It not only leads to a more productive team, but also a happier one, when they realise they can get more work done in a shorter amount of time.
Here’s the feedback from Eamon Ridge, Director at Benridge Construction, who just posted on our Linkedin page:
“Thank you James Truebridge for your expert installation and training. The operatives have really bought into the system and I've never seen them so happy. Unicontrol is already saving us time and money. Made up with it.”
If you’d like to join these companies in embracing this transformational technology, why not book a no-obligation online meeting with James, our machine control expert, right now through this link.
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: 3d, Civil Engineering, Construction, Excavator, GNSS, Groundworks, Machine Control, Surveying, Unicontrol